Cranberry-Blueberry Scones


One thing I like with the changes that fall brings; it  feels good to be in the kitchen and warm up the place by baking something warm and delicious!

Do you like scones? Which kind do you like? 

My favorite ones are these ones! They are soft and fluffy and very easy to make. They are less sweet than the ones I buy.... I am trying to cut down the sugar amount  I use in my recipes which I did for this recipe also. To my taste, I think is sweet enough to balance the tartness of the berries. If you want them sweeter, fell free to adjust the sugar amount to your liking or use the tip at the bottom of post.

Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did. :-)


INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
3  tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup frozen cranberries blueberries, (half and half mix)

DIRECTIONS

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles to coarse crumbs. 

Add sugar and  buttermilk; stir together mixture just until moistened. Stir in berries.



Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Do not over knead - it makes the scones tougher.

Place dough into a pan lined with parchment paper. Pat into a 9-inch circle. Cut into eight wedges.

Bake at 400° preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.


Remove from oven. Let cool slightly.

Serve warm. 

Makes: 12 scones.


NOTE: I replaced 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour with same amount of whole wheat flour.

TIP: Brush top with egg wash, than sprinkle  with sugar before baking for added sweetness.


Enjoy!

Leia 

Comments

  1. Buna dimineata.Ti-as propune ceva: nu se poate seta pe blogul tau traducere automata? Eu pe site-ul meu folosesc, si sunt accesibila si persoanelor cu alta limba materna. Am avea acces mai usor. Multumesc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments. Leave me one in the box bellow.Cheers!.